Thursday January 5, 2017
FAIRFAX, Va. — The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) announced selection of the association's Executive Leadership Program (ELP) inaugural class of participants, marking an important strategic step toward cultivating a representative pipeline of candidates for leadership opportunities within NPMA for years to come.
“The value NPMA brings to our memberships is directly correlated with the quality of diverse experiences and unique industry expertise that our members bring into the association¹s leadership roles,” said NPMA Chief Executive Officer Dominique Stumpf. “The participants of the ELP¹s 2017 class will play an important role in a broader plan to ensure our association maintains a pipeline of leadership candidates that are well-positioned to help our members successfully navigate an ever-evolving industry.”
The ten candidates of the ELP¹s inaugural class were selected through a rigorous application process, which vetted more than 40 applications from across the country. Applicants were selected based on broad criteria, which accounted for leadership potential, industry participation and commitment to professional development, among other factors.
Executive Leadership Program Class of 2017:
• Michael Bullert, President, Big Time Pest Control (Anderson, Calif.)
• David Flynn, Operations Manager, Burgess Pest Management (Bridgewater, Mass.)
• Audrey Hall, President, Eco Serve Pest Services (West Seneca, N.Y.)
• Daniel Hill, Service Supervisor, Dugas Pest Control (Baton Rouge, La.)
• Jeffrey King, President, The Pest Rangers (Hanover Township, Pa.)
• David Marshall, Co-Founder/President, Arizona Pest Squad, LLC (Tempe, Ariz.)
• Ashley Morrison, Director of Operations, City Wide Exterminating (Locust, N.C.)
• Bill Olesen, ACE, Chief Operating Officer, Chuck Sullivan Exterminators, Inc. (Olympia, Wash.)
• Emilio Polce, Owner, EcoChoice Termite and Pest Control, LLC (Coventry, Conn.)
• Kyle Varona, General Manager, Fahey Pest and Lawn Solutions (Sarasota, Fla.)
During the two-year curriculum, candidates will participate in training sessions and courses designed to cultivate skills and knowledge essential to successful organizational leadership within NPMA and beyond. Training will encompass a comprehensive range of competencies including: the history of NPMA and its future plans, industry trends and consumer insights, inclusion and diversity training, executive etiquette, public policy and legislative issue navigation and community engagement, along with a suite of skills related to strategic management and planning.
The Executive Leadership Program is an NPMA initiative designed to find passionate, committed, and engaged individuals from all parts of the country who want to enhance the association and the membership experience. Applications for participation will be accepted on an ongoing annual basis. Visit http://npmapestworld.org/about-npma/executive-leadership-program/ to learn about the program, the applicant criteria and to download the application.