Sunday August 5, 2012
How to Have Meaningful Interactions With Fans on Facebook
Perhaps you have a Facebook page. If so, that’s great! But how do you get people to engage with you and build brand affinity for your business? Here are five quick tips to help you start meaningful conversations with your fans.
1. Create a conversational calendar. Plan what you’re going to say and when you’re going to say it. Clever content is key, but consistent, clever content is even more important.
2. Post at least one or two times per week. It is ideal to pop up in people’s newsfeed at least once, if not twice, a week. Remember to make sure your profile image is visually appealing so it stands out.
3. Encourage fan participation with questions, videos, and photos. Instead of just posting facts or statements about an upcoming promotion, come up with insightful questions, videos, and photos you can share with your fans.
4. Feature your fans and recognize their interactions. As a customer, why would you visit a business’ Facebook page? Wouldn’t it be cool if your favorite brands recognized you as a loyal customer? To keep your customers coming back to your page, thank specific people for their engagement and highlight great interactions.
5. Respond to customer feedback and messages in a timely manner. Good or bad, you need to respond to customer feedback quickly. Make it a habit to check each of your social media outlets at least once or twice a day.