That Rustling In The Walls

Sunday May 27, 2007


Mr Pest Control


Hi Mr. Pest Control. I was wondering if a moisture meter would help me to find Carpenter Ant nests in a house. If so, what type of moisture meter could you recommend? And how would I use it? Thank you

Mr Pest Control


A moisture meter is a valuable tool for detecting moisture sources within hidden areas. While they may not always be associated with moisture, carpenter ants often do prefer to find areas that are higher in moisture than surrounding locations, and create their colonies there. I have read and heard that the colonies within a structure most often are satellite colonies that are still "connected" to the parent colony out in the ground somewhere, but at certain points in the colony life a drier location is nee... Read more

Register now for Premier Services to get instant access to all of Mr. Pest Control's in-depth answers!

Read Complete Answer Register Now Ask a Question Add to My Favorite Questions Back  |  View Past Questions  |  View Questions by Category  |  Share on Facebook  |  Share on Twitter

Please note, Mr. Pest Control is answering questions supplied by PMP customers across North America. His answers are generated from industry and manufacturer-provided information. The answer may not be specific to the laws and regulations for your State, Province, Territory or Country. In addition, products mentioned may not be registered and or available in all areas. Always check with your local Univar office for specific information to your area. Always read and follow label directions.

Sponsor Ad